Join Our Team
Job Title: Field Manager
Job Type: Full time
Reports to: Organizing Director
Location: Greater Philadelphia area
Timeline: January 2022 – December 2022, with the possibility of extension based on performance and resources
Who we are: The Asian Pacific Islander Political Alliance’s (API PA) mission is to build long-term power for Asians and Pacific Islanders in Pennsylvania, by coordinating political, electoral, and legislative work to hold our elected officials accountable, engaging in culturally competent and linguistically accessible direct voter contact with our communities, and building solidarity with other aligned communities of color across the state.
We operate primarily in South Asian, Korean, Chinese, and Vietnamese communities, and are the first and only political organization directly advocating for the needs of Asian and Pacific Islanders in Pennsylvania. We won’t stop until our people have political power and our communities have everything we need to be safe, healthy, and strong – and we’re excited to work with you to make that happen.
As the first and only statewide Asian Pacific Islander political organization in Pennsylvania, API PA will spend 2022 building and running the voter contact program necessary to fulfill the same role it accomplished in 2020 – delivering unprecedented Asian American voter turnout, electing candidates who will stand with and fight for our communities, building long-term power for our people, and doing it all in line with our communities’ values. Our Field Team will be crucial to this effort, knocking on doors and making calls to engage our people in voting by mail, persuading them to support candidates who will listen to our communities, and mobilizing them to vote in the 2022 midterm elections. With the Governor’s race, the US Senate race, and newly-redrawn Congressional and State Legislative districts, it’s all up for grabs – but all on the line – when it comes to building a commonwealth that works for all our Asian Pacific Islander communities.
The Field Manager will oversee the day-to-day of API PA’s paid canvass (doorknocking) and/or phone (calling) program, which will launch in early 2022 and run for the entire year throughout Southeast (and possibly Central) Pennsylvania, with an emphasis on outreach to Asian Pacific Islander voters. API PA will provide coordination, management, training, and materials, including PPE. The Field Manager will need regular access to a cell phone and laptop, as well as some form of transportation that allows them to travel to and around assigned turf. We expect to hire multiple applicants for this position, with their individual geographic focus and body of work (canvass management or phonebank management) to be determined based on experience and skillset.
The Field Manager’s responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Managing day-to-day paid canvassing and/or phonebanking voter contact work
- Monitor voter targeting and contact goals
- With their manager, managing the implementation of data-driven field plan
- Build and manage a paid canvass/phonebank team to execute the field plan
- Responsible for recruiting and hiring canvassers/phonebankers
- Responsible for new canvasser/phonebanker onboarding, training, and performance
- Responsible for tracking canvasser/phonebanker time and attendance
- Responsible for reviewing and submitting on a timely basis all hiring paperwork for processing
- In collaboration with Organizing Director, responsible for standardizing best practices for field logistics
- Supporting Field Team with strategies, tactics, and trainings as needed
- Other duties as necessary
REQUIREMENTS + PREFERENCES:
- Experience managing paid phonebankers, paid canvassers, sales teams, or call centers preferred, experience with volunteer phone-banks or canvasses (or equivalent non-political experience) required
- Personal knowledge of and/or experience working with Asian American communities appreciated
- Conversational fluency in an Asian language is desirable but not required, including but not limited to Mandarin, Cantonese, Vietnamese, Korean, Hindi, Punjabi, Nepali, Bengali, Khmer, Lao, Indonesian, and Burmese
- Experience maintaining and improving a goal-oriented accountability structure without compromising staff autonomy and innovation desired
- Understanding of and commitment to API PA’s values and political program, or a strong willingness to learn
- Access to a cell phone, a laptop or tablet, and a consistent internet connection required
- While aspects of this work can and will be conducted remotely, in-person activity will be required
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and prioritization skills required; must be able to hold others accountable to assigned tasks
Salary + Benefits: $50,000 – $55,000 annually, with a comprehensive benefits package
The position will be open until filled. Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis. API PA is an equal-opportunity employer and does not discriminate against an employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To Apply: email the following to email@example.com, subject line: API PA Field Manager
- A bullet-point list of your relevant experience and skills, including paid and unpaid labor
- A paragraph describing why you wish to work for API PA
Copyright 2020 API PA